Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Monday, May 7, 2007

"here comes me and my shoes"

Thanks to someone very interesting and aware of the current news, I was introduced to this article today...and I thought you guys might need a good laugh

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/women_now_empowered_by_everything

What do you think? I am personally somewhat offended. Why do women have to be empowering themselves all the time? Being humble and serving is no longer valued. Now, every action is all about power....no wonder people complain of failed relationships.

......

In other news, I finally got around to cleaning my room today. It has been a year, seriously, since I organized and cleaned out. I feel like my life is in order now. I still need three more bookshelves for all the books I have collected, but that will come soon. Speaking of books, thrift stores are great places to get them. That is where I have obtained the majority of mine, and they are so cheap! People price smelly shoes higher than a classic book. At this thrift store in Kansas, I found a 100 year old book on etiquette for just a dollar.....the fact that it was 100 years old was what got me really excited. Think of all the people who have held that book!
wooaa

2 comments:

Natasha Cherry said...

Just stopping by to check out your blog...

Paul said...

Since I am not going to be on facebook for a while,I decided to leave my message on blogger! Got your post and I look forward to you doing either A or B! :-)

The publisher/owner of this website, Hannah Rowlands, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.