Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Saturday, October 13, 2007

He's got the whole world in His hands

My whirlwind week has ended, and I am safely back at my study spot in the Beck house. I have been in some very interesting places this week, but thankfully, I was with my dad and brother the whole time. We drove all over the place, really fast......Rome, Pisa, Florence, Austria, San Remo, the tip of France, 1000000000 mountain tunnels, Munich, Aalen, Stuttgart, and places in between. I probably won't tell some parts of our adventures because it would scare people ; ). We like to live on the edge of life is all I can say.

After driving in Italy, I could probably drive anywhere now. Road signs are merely "suggestions" or "guidelines" in Italy; the millions of mopeds and motorcycles add to the traffic chaos. I gripped the steering wheel really tight the whole time, and thankfully I didn't hit any people or cars. And, there are no speed limits on the highways!!!!!!!!!!! I like speed : )

Once we got back from our road trip, we returned to the castle and rested up. The whole town of Hohenstadt lives for hunting (including our hosts). Everywhere you look, there are antlers and trophies of incredible hunts, and everyone wears boots and hunting suspenders. Everyone goes to work, hunts in their spare time, then spends the evenings at the "pub" telling their hunting tales, which get bigger and bigger as the night goes on.

Today was the annual Bozeln championship, which is bowling through the countryside without pins. There were 11 teams, and everyone in the team takes turn throwing the ball, and wherever it goes off the road, the next person throws until we reach the end of the track. The track was 6 km long, and every team has a wagon filled with beer, schnops, bread, and sausage that they pull along for the game. So, when you're not throwing, you're drinking or eating. The whole village participates, and it was so much fun. I definitely saw a different side of German culture this weekend.

Also, God is incredibly good. After this week, I know that He watches over me, no matter where I am. I already knew that, but I saw Him in action this week, so to speak.

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Hannah Rowlands, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.