Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Thursday, July 3, 2008

my patriotic coffee cup

In remembrance of the birth of our nation, I would like to submit the inspiring quotes that were on my coffee cup this morning:

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?
Forbid it, Almighty God.
I know not what course others may take, but as for me,
give
me
LIBERTY
or
give
me
death!"

~ Patrick Henry

and:

"I have sworn upon the altar of God
eternal hostility
against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

~ Thomas Jefferson

Now those are true patriots. I hope we all have courage to stand up to tyrants.

Have a wonderful 4th of July! Sic semper tyrannis! : )

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Hannah Rowlands, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.