Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

...the sun is shining on my smiling face

here's something that may or may not be news to you: GOD IS ON THE MOVE. The past six months have really confirmed that reality to me. So much has happened this year already, but I believe the best is yet to come. I try not to imagine what the best could possibly be, because my imagination is so limited. God is so unlimited.


case in point -- I constantly misjudge people. ok, so I'm trying to move away from the whole judging people in the first place, but when I meet someone who is so pro-choice, or so "something opposite of what I believe," I mentally put up this wall. Yes, I will be their friend and try not to get into arguments with them, but sometimes I limit God's work in their lives. I may automatically think that God can change their heart, but do I really believe that? Even if you run away, kill someone, or hide in the bottom of a boat, God never forgets about you and His plan for your life. So, God can change the heart of an abortionist. He can redeem a murderer. He can rescue the captives. Who am I to say otherwise? It is certainly not my responsibility to decide who God can and cannot save. All I have to do is learn to love, even when someone seems unlovable. I also need to realize that I am not always right (1% of the time...just kidding!).


so, I'm learning to be transformed, and so are thousands of people all over the world. God is moving in Lakeland, and He's moving in Hampton Roads, and He's moving all across the world. There is nowhere He cannot go. Even as China's in the midst of all the earthquake, Olympic, and political turmoil, God is moving in the hearts of the Chinese people. He is in control, no matter how many tornadoes, hurricanes, fires, earthquakes, or plagues strike the earth.


Not only does being transformed save me from my own sin and problems, but it saves people around me. I constantly go back to Isaiah 58, which talks about true fasting. God calls us to be humble, to free the captives, to share your food with the hungry, and clothe the naked. When I am walking in the right path, people I touch will be blessed. Don't you want to be a blessing?


what a great thing to think about all day (or all your life for that matter)! It puts a smile on your face and a joy in your heart.


: ) : )

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Hannah Rowlands, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.