Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

another day in the life

here I am, in Richmond, at the Family Foundation. This is my second day at FF, and I can confidently say that I know much more about the General Assembly and the transportation tax then when I first came here : ). I've been working on letters to the editors of different newspapers, and my dry humor and shock ability are wearing out...its hard to impress so many editors at once and hope your 2 cents get published.

I've also learned that dowtown Richmond is very confusing....I've haven't gotten to the interstate the same way twice yet. Yesterday, as I was trying to navigate my way to Short Pump mall, I navigated 30 minutes out of the way and through three tolls before I was able to get on the right road again....arg. Such a waste of gas, but the good news is that I now know which way NOT to go : ).

During my lunch break today, I went to the Bell Tower at Capitol Square and browsed the visitor center. Richmond has SO much to see, so I'm excited to start my tours as soon as possible. There are so many historical sites, museums, libraries, old houses, cool restaurants, etc. It will be hard to fit in all that I want to see by August.

ok, update finished.

FYI: the new tax increase proposed by Governor Kaine...BAAAAAAAADDDD. More taxes are not the only way to fix the problem. Besides, when was the last time the government throwing your money at something fixed a mismanagement problem?

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Hannah Rowlands, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.